Heya! I'm currently based in San Francisco, researching in the Bay Area at the amazing Toyota Research Institute on everything vision-related for cars and robots. Before that, I did my Master's and PhD studies at TUM, funded by Toyota Europe. During my PhD time at CAMP I was supervised by Prof. Nassir Navab, PD Slobodan Ilic and Federico Tombari. Even before that, I did my Bachelor's at the University of Bonn, supervised by PD Volker Steinhage and Jens Behley.
- New paper 'DeceptionNet: Network-Driven Domain Randomization' on arXiv!
- Our new ROI-10D paper is out on arXiv. Accepted to CVPR 2019!
- Our paper "Deep Model-Based 6D Pose Refinement in RGB" was selected as an oral presentation at ECCV'18 in Munich, Germany.
- The detection code for our ICCV'17 paper can be found here
- Our paper "SSD-6D: Making RGB-Based 3D Detection and 6D Pose Estimation Great Again" was selected as an oral presentation at ICCV'17 in Venice, Italy.
- Our ECCV'16 paper "Deep Learning of Local RGB-D Patches for 3D Object Detection and 6D Pose Estimation" was awarded 'Best Poster' as a co-submission to the 2nd 6D Pose Recovery Workshop .
Publications (not listing the boring patents here...)
- Sergey Zakharov, Wadim Kehl, Slobodan Ilic: DeceptionNet: Network-Driven Domain Randomization. arXiv
- Fabian Manhardt*, Wadim Kehl*, Adrien Gaidon: ROI-10D: Monocular Lifting of 2D Detection to 6D Pose and Metric Shape. CVPR 2019 arXiv Video
- (ORAL) Fabian Manhardt*, Wadim Kehl*, Nassir Navab, Federico Tombari: Deep Model-Based 6D Pose Refinement in RGB. ECCV 2018. PDF MP4
- Tomas Hodan, Frank Michel, Eric Brachmann, Wadim Kehl, Anders Buch, Dirk Kraft, Bertram Drost, Joel Vidal, Stephan Ihrke, Xenophon Zabulis, Caner Sahin, Fabian Manhardt, Federico Tombari, Tae-Kyun Kim, Jiri Matas, Carsten Rother: BOP: Benchmark for 6D Object Pose Estimation. ECCV 2018. PDF
- (ORAL) Wadim Kehl*, Fabian Manhardt*, Federico Tombari, Slobodan Ilic, Nassir Navab: SSD-6D: Making RGB-Based 3D Detection and 6D Pose Estimation Great Again. ICCV 2017. PDF
- Wadim Kehl, Federico Tombari, Slobodan Ilic, Nassir Navab: Real-Time 3D Model Tracking in Color and Depth on a Single CPU Core. CVPR 2017. PDF
- Sergey Zakharov, Wadim Kehl, Benjamin Planche, Andreas Hutter, Slobodan Ilic: 3D Object Instance Recognition and Pose Estimation Using Triplet Loss with Dynamic Margin. IROS 2017. PDF
- Christian Nissler, Imran Badshah, Claudio Castellini, Wadim Kehl, Nassir Navab: Improving Optical Myography via Convolutional Neural Networks. MEC 2017
- Miroslava Slavcheva, Wadim Kehl, Nassir Navab, Slobodan Ilic: SDF-2-SDF Registration for Real-time 3D Reconstruction from RGB-D Data. IJCV 2017
- Wadim Kehl, Tobias Holl, Federico Tombari, Slobodan Ilic, Nassir Navab: An Octree-Based Approach towards Efficient Variational Range Data Fusion. BMVC 2016
- (BEST POSTER) Wadim Kehl, Fausto Milletari, Federico Tombari, Slobodan Ilic, Nassir Navab: Deep Learning of Local RGB-D Patches for 3D Object Detection and 6D Pose Estimation. ECCV 2016
- Miroslava Slavcheva, Wadim Kehl, Nassir Navab, Slobodan Ilic: SDF-2-SDF: Highly Accurate 3D Object Reconstruction. ECCV 2016
- Wadim Kehl, Federico Tombari, Nassir Navab, Slobodan Ilic, Vincent Lepetit: Hashmod: A Hashing Method for Scalable 3D Object Detection. BMVC 2015
- Severine Habert, Ma Meng, Wadim Kehl, Xiang Wang, Federico Tombari, Pascal Fallavolita, Nassir Navab: Augmenting mobile C-arm fluoroscopes via Stereo-RGBD sensors for multimodal visualization. ISMAR 2015
- Fausto Milletari, Wadim Kehl, Federico Tombari, Slobodan Ilic, Ahmad Ahmadi, Nassir Navab: Universal Hough dictionaries for object tracking. BMVC 2015
- Wadim Kehl, Nassir Navab, Slobodan Ilic: Coloured signed distance fields for full 3D object reconstruction. BMVC 2014